Recipe by smellyvegetarian
Found online and posted for ZWT 7, South Pacific. The author claims this is of Japanese origin but has become a very popular Polynesian dish. Prep time includes marinating time. This says it makes 24 skewers, but I have difficulty believing that one pound of meat can go that far! Therefore, the number of servings here is a guess.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
We loved these beef skewers, yum! The marinade was very flavorful and the beef turned out so tender and delicious with the grilled pineapple, thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8 Bistro Babes.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 lb sirloin beef, cut in slices
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 olives (specifies stuffed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the juice from the pineapple and mix with the soya sauce, garlic and ginger; add the beef and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Place alternate pieces of beef and pineapple on wooden skewers and put an olive at the end of each skewer.
- Grill, turning once, for 10-12 minutes.