1/1 Photo of Grilled Sirloin Steak Marsala
This recipe came from our local grocery store (Festival Foods). This is such an easy recipe and feels super elegant! Served with Rosemary Parmesan Polenta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sweet marsala wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon beef base, powdered (such as Orrington Farms Beef Soup Base brand, bouillon cubes can be too salty)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) sirloin steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, minced (1/2 bunch for garnish)
- 1To prepare the sauce:.
- 2Preheat large saute pan over medium heat.
- 3Add olive oil, shallots and mushrooms. Saute until they become translucent.
- 4Increase heat to medium-high and deglaze the pan with the Marsala wine and beef stock.
- 5Add soup base and fresh thyme.
- 6Simmer about 15 minutes until sauce has reduced by two-thirds.
- 7To grill the steaks:.
- 8Preheat the grill to meduim-high heat.
- 9Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Rub 1/2 tsp of olive oil then sprinkle 1/2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning over each steak.
- 10Sear meat on both sides, and grill to medium-rare (128 degrees F internal temp; about 4 minutes per side).
- 11Transfer steaks from grill to serving platter, cover with foil, let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 12To finish the sauce:.
- 13Whisk in 1/2 cup butter, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- 14Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Spoon the sauce over grilled steaks and garnish with minced chives.
- 16Serve with Rosemary Parmesan Polenta.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sirloin Steak Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.4
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 231.4 mg
- Sodium 159.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 50.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning