Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In some countries Churrasco is made from filet mignon, skirt steak, or beef tenderloin and pounded thin. In Colombia is made from sirloin (my grocery calls it London Broil cut) and is about 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick. It's marinated in chimichurri sauce then grilled or broiled.
- 907.18 g top sirloin steaks
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, about 2 cups leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar (to taste)
- 44.37 ml water
- 7.39 ml salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml black pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the chimichurri. Combine the parsley and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the oil, 1/4 cup vinegar, water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and process to make a thick sauce. Correct the seasoning, adding salt, pepper, or vinegar as necessary; the mixture should be highly seasoned. Place half the chimichurri in a bowl or crock for serving; pour the remainder over the meat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator, 30 minutes, turning several times.
- Preheat the grill to high (or broiler).
- When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Drain the beef and place it on the hot grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until cooked to taste, about 10 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with the remaining chimichurri sauce.
- it is normally served on a wooden cutting board. I cut it like london broil in thin slices across the grain.
I was looking for the Brazilian Churrasco and ran into this. My Wife and I made this last night and it was decent. I love Fogo de Chao, Brazzaz here in Chicago so i was looking for meat with flavor. This was good, not exactly what I was looking for but interesting enough that I might make it again.
This was a very tasty grilled steak. We enjoyed it very much. I served it along with a side dish of diner524's Grilled Parmesan Potatoes, and it was a very nice meal. Thanks, Ice Cool Kitty. Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.