Prep 24 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
Got this from a taste of home magazine - yummy! Prep-time includes marinating time.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger or 1⁄4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steaks, about 2 inches thick
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add beef.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- Grill steak, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, turning once, or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Good marinade, but too much soy sauce for us. I used 3/4 cup but next time I think I'll use just 1/2.
This is fabulous! I only let it marinade a few hours and that was plenty. Everybody really enjoyed this and my son even ate me to give some of mine because he wanted more. Easy!
This was really, really good! I usually use the same marinade but I decided to switch it up and I'm glad I did. When I was putting the pepper in it seemed like a lot, and it was, so I will cut that back next time. I too cut down cooking time to a few minutes on each side. I will use this recipe again and again!