Recipe by CyndiCB
This recipe is from eatingwell.com. Pepper-crusted steak, grill-charred vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing turn fresh salad greens into an exciting main course.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml toasted sesame oil
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ginger, chopped
- 9.85 ml black peppercorns, crushed
- 340.19 g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 0.59 ml salt
- 16 scallions, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 473.18 ml mixed greens (escarole, curly endive, radicchio or watercress)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of sirloin. Season with salt. Place the sirloin, scallions and bell pepper halves on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 4 minutes more.
- Let sirloin rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, against the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces. Slice the pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Toss greens with the reserved dressing in a large bowl. Arrange on a platter or 4 plates. Top with sirloin and grilled vegetables. Serve immediately.