Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe makes a delicious tasting roast. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by carolyn
This roast was wonderful! I was a little nervous that cooking it on the grill would dry it out, but it was moist, tender, and the flavor was magnificent. It is the first roast I've made that my whole family declared "delicious". Even my 7-year-old near-vegetarian, and 9-year-old who doesn't normally like roasts. I added potatoes as well. My whole back yard smelled good too. Definitely a keeper!
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) boneless sirloin tip roast, 3 pounds
- 1 lb fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine the flour, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, 1 t salt and mustard until smooth; set aside.
- Sprinkle pepper and remaining salt over roast.
- Grill roast over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Transfer to a heavy-duty 13-inch by 9-inch baking disposable foil pan.
- Pour reserved sauce over roast.
- Top with carrots, tomatoes and onion.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Grill over indirect medium heat for 3 hours or until meat is tender.