Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
My husband recently had a heart attack and I am learning to cook more with fish. This is an easy way to start that tastes good and is a snap to prepare.
- 2 salmon fillets (Trader Joe's- nice cuts)
- 4 tablespoons favorite jalapeno jelly, approximately (I like the kind that's a bit chunky)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Prepare and heat grill.
- In the winter I use a George Foreman grill on the counter.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Grind a bit of pepper on the filets according to your taste.
- Slather jalepano jelly (about 2 T) on each filet.
- Brush filets lightly with olive oil.
- Place on grill.
- Grill 2-3 mins.
- per side.
- If using the George Foreman grill it is 3 mins.
- total because it cooks both sides at once.
- I served with brown rice that I throw a handful of currants in with a little dill and fresh mango on the side.