1/2 Photos of Grilled Sicilian Pizza
Sicilians like their escarole sauteed with lots of olive oil and served with chewy bread to sop up the juices. This is a grilled adaptation of that idea! This is so good! It won't keep too long because of the greens, so eat it up! That won't be hard! Adapted from BH&G magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g italian prepared pizza crust (Boboli is good)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced (or yellow)
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml kalamata olive, pitted, halved
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped escarole (or curly endive)
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese (1 ounce) or 59.14 ml pecorino romano cheese (1 ounce)
- 1Top pizza crust with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and olives.
- 2Drizzle oil over all.
- 3Fold a 24x18-inch piece of heavy foil in half lengthwise.
- 4Place pizza on foil, turning edges of foil up to edge of pizza.
- 5In a grill (with a cover), arrange preheated coals around a drip pan for indirect grilling.
- 6Test for medium heat above pan.
- 7Place pizza on the grill rack over the drip pan.
- 8Cover and grill about 8 minutes or until pizza is heated through, topping with escarole the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- 9To serve, sprinkle Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper over pizza.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sicilian Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 377.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust