We all love seafood at our house, especially scallops. I hope you enjoy this very special dish...these are my favourite seafood kebabs.
- 12 large shrimp
- 20 large sea scallops
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 16 medium mushrooms, whole
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey, clover or 4 tablespoons orange liquid honey
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Pour 1/3 of marinade into bowl with seafood and chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Marinate the vegetables in 1/4 of the reserved marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Thread the seafood and vegetables alternately on skewers.
- Baste the kebabs with the remaining reserved marinade frequently while grilling on bbq.
- This is wonderful served with a simple noodle dish, steamed rice or a green salad.
I especially love scallops, so I really wanted to make this! Turned out delicious. The only thing I might change is to cook all scallops and veggies on one skewer and the shrimp on another. Even though I bought "jumbo" shrimp, they were much smaller than my sea scallops, so they got a bit overdone. Really enjoyed the onion, pepper and mushroom combo. I didn't have a problem with flare-ups....let my grill get down to medium heat before starting the skewers. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
We love seafood too and my husband requested some kind of grilled fish for Father's Day and this is what we made. I reduced the amount of oil in the marinade to about 3/4 cup and the amount of butter to less than 1/4 pound and it was plenty to give a great flavor to everything. This is a fantastic recipe and everyone loved it. Thanks for sharing. Sorry, we ate everything so quickly no time to snap a photo!
Boy I hate myself for this review, but it was a deaster for us. I followed the recipe to a T except marinated the sea food longer, about 4 hours. We have cooked shrimp and scallops on the grill before, so I'm not sure what happened to this tonight. We always spray our grill to prevent sticking, but it just didn't help tonight. All of the sea food stuck, and most of the scallops fell through the grate. Next time I'll grill this in my grill basket and I think it will work well. The butter makes this flare up quite a bit too. Saying all that, the flavor was awesome. Something I'll prepare again, but grill in a different way. Thanks BK