Recipe by Baby Kato
We all love seafood at our house, especially scallops. I hope you enjoy this very special dish...these are my favourite seafood kebabs.
Top Review by breezermom
I especially love scallops, so I really wanted to make this! Turned out delicious. The only thing I might change is to cook all scallops and veggies on one skewer and the shrimp on another. Even though I bought "jumbo" shrimp, they were much smaller than my sea scallops, so they got a bit overdone. Really enjoyed the onion, pepper and mushroom combo. I didn't have a problem with flare-ups....let my grill get down to medium heat before starting the skewers. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
- 12 large shrimp
- 20 large sea scallops
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 16 medium mushrooms, whole
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey, clover or 4 tablespoons orange liquid honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Pour 1/3 of marinade into bowl with seafood and chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Marinate the vegetables in 1/4 of the reserved marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Thread the seafood and vegetables alternately on skewers.
- Baste the kebabs with the remaining reserved marinade frequently while grilling on bbq.
- This is wonderful served with a simple noodle dish, steamed rice or a green salad.