Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Surprise your guests at your next cook out with this delightful different take on grilled shrimp. Tarator is a cool summertime soup popular in Albania. Cook time includes marinating time.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with olive oil and garlic slices.
- Crush rosemary slightly with fingers and tuck down into shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- In the meantime, make sauce:.
- Cut crusts from bread slices and tear into 1" pieces.
- Combine bread pieces, pine nuts, lemon juice, water, garlic cloves, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides and blend for 30 more seconds or until smooth.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, (about 5 on each).
- Grill covered with grill lid over high heat (500-550 degrees Fahrenheit) for 1 and 1/2 minutes per side.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with sauce.
This is so delicious, I marinated the prawns/shrimp overnight and all the flavours really soaked into the prawns. I cooked it on a pan and then packed it for work. The flavours were outstanding even preheated in the microwave. For the sauce/spread, I added a little extra lemon juice and cut down on the pine nuts. I enjoyed both the prawns and sauce, the flavours were perfect combination together. Thank you little_wing - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*
Great recipe. The sauce is very different but very good. I thought the garlic and rosemary flavors were mellow but just right for us.
ohhh yummy. one of the best and most unusual sauces i have ever had with shrimp and such a nice change.