1/3 Photos of Grilled Shrimp With Tarator Sauce
4 hrs 10 mins
Surprise your guests at your next cook out with this delightful different take on grilled shrimp. Tarator is a cool summertime soup popular in Albania. Cook time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, toss shrimp with olive oil and garlic slices.
- 2Crush rosemary slightly with fingers and tuck down into shrimp.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 4In the meantime, make sauce:.
- 5Cut crusts from bread slices and tear into 1" pieces.
- 6Combine bread pieces, pine nuts, lemon juice, water, garlic cloves, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor for 30 seconds.
- 7Scrape down sides and blend for 30 more seconds or until smooth.
- 8Cover and chill until ready to use.
- 9Thread shrimp onto skewers, (about 5 on each).
- 10Grill covered with grill lid over high heat (500-550 degrees Fahrenheit) for 1 and 1/2 minutes per side.
- 11Serve hot or at room temperature with sauce.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp With Tarator Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.0
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 207.3 mg
- Sodium 428.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: