This is one of my families favorite shrimp recipes. It gives the shrimp a very nice flavor and is easy to make.
sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan warm the peanut oil over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic; cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the marmalade, rice vinegar,Dijon mustard and fish sauce; stir until the marmalade has melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside at room temperature. (Can make the sauce ahead of time and warm up over medium heat before serving.).
- In a large bowl mix the oil, salt, chile powder, paprika, and pepper. Add the shrimp to the bowl and mix thoroughly to coat the shrimp evenly.
- With the lid closed, grill the shrimp over High heat (500° to 550°F) until they are just opaque in the center and firm to the touch, 5 to 7 minutes, turning once. Serve warm with as much sauce as you like drizzled over the top, serve extra sauce on the side.
Wonderful mixture of flavors! This is easy to prepare and cooks up quick. We just loved it. I cut the recipe in half and it worked great. A must try. Thanks, NedsChef for posting.