- 453.59 g large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 portabella mushroom caps (1 pound)
- 73.94 ml olive oil, divided
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml grape tomatoes or 118.29 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 118.29 ml basil leaves, sliced (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Brush shrimp and portabellas with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining oil (3 tablespoons) with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and basil to dressing and set aside.
- Place portabellas and shrimp onto grill (or on broiler rack) and grill until shrimp is cooked, turning once ( 3-5 minutes). Remove shrimp from skewers and add to dressing.
- Continue cooking portabellas until softened (3-5 minutes longer).
- Place portabellas, smooth side down, on serving plates (or platter) and spoon shrimp/tomato mixture onto caps. Garnish with basil, if desired.