Recipe source: Shopper's newsletter.
Make and share this Grilled Shrimp With Portabellas recipe from Food.com.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Brush shrimp and portabellas with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining oil (3 tablespoons) with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and basil to dressing and set aside.
- Place portabellas and shrimp onto grill (or on broiler rack) and grill until shrimp is cooked, turning once ( 3-5 minutes). Remove shrimp from skewers and add to dressing.
- Continue cooking portabellas until softened (3-5 minutes longer).
- Place portabellas, smooth side down, on serving plates (or platter) and spoon shrimp/tomato mixture onto caps. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Very good. Garlic is a must in this! I added 1 cloves minced fine. making 1/2 the recipe. Quick and easy!