Recipe by dicentra
Food & Wine. Two of my favorite things. Orange and shrimp. YUM! Note marination time.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- marinate the shrimp: In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the olive oil, orange juice, garlic and a generous pinch of pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate the shrimp for 1 hour or overnight.
- make the aioli: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the orange juice, orange zest, honey and garlic; season with salt.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Thread the shrimp onto 6 pairs of bamboo skewers and season with salt.
- Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp skewers to plates and serve with the aioli.