1/1 Photo of Grilled Shrimp With Lime-Cilantro Marinade
8 hrs 8 mins
Shrimp are magnificent with the lime-and-cilantro flavors of Mexican food...a cold margarita will only reinforce that bond. Enjoy these at your next bar-b-q and you will be a hit! Dean and Deluca.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 8 medium chopped scallions
- 2 green chilies (optional)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 3 lbs large shrimp
- 1In a blender or food processor place the cilantro leaves and stems, scallions, chilies, garlic, lime juice, cumin, and turmeric.
- 2Puree, adding a little water if necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- 3Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail intact.
- 4Devein them, place them in a bowl, and toss with the cilantro puree.
- 5Marinate for 8-12 hours.
- 6Prepare a moderately hot charcoal fire.
- 7When ready to cook, scoop up the shrimp so that more of the marinade remains on one side of each one.
- 8Place the shrimp marinade-side up pon the grill.
- 9Cook until almost done, about 2 minutes.
- 10Turn shrimp over and cook quickly on marinade side, about 1 minute.
- 11Remove shrimp from grill.
- 12Divide shrimp among serving plates.
- 13Pass garnishes at table.
- 14Each guest should sprinkle the shrimp with coarse salt, pepper, chili powder, a squeeze of lime juice, and a few cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp With Lime-Cilantro Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 286.4 mg
- Sodium 1293.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g