Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
For ultimate flavor, I recommend making these from fresh shrimp. This lemony pesto is also good with chicken, fish or scallops.
- 29.58 ml pine nuts or 29.58 ml walnuts
- 473.18 ml packed basil leaves
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 59.14 ml olive oil, plus extra for gill
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 680.38 g fresh jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6-8 wooden skewers, presoaked in water
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts with the basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and 6 tablespoons of the olive oil until combined. Add the parmesan cheese and pulse until smooth, scraping sides if necessary. Scrap the pesto into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp in the bowl with the pesto and toss to cover shrimp; set aside. Note: Don't marinate for more than 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan and brush with oil. Thread shrimp on each skewer. Grill shrimp over a medium-hot fire until opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the shrimp hot.