For ultimate flavor, I recommend making these from fresh shrimp. This lemony pesto is also good with chicken, fish or scallops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for gill
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 -8 wooden skewers, presoaked in water
- 1In a food processor, pulse the nuts with the basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and 6 tablespoons of the olive oil until combined. Add the parmesan cheese and pulse until smooth, scraping sides if necessary. Scrap the pesto into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Place the shrimp in the bowl with the pesto and toss to cover shrimp; set aside. Note: Don't marinate for more than 30 minutes.
- 3Light a grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan and brush with oil. Thread shrimp on each skewer. Grill shrimp over a medium-hot fire until opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the shrimp hot.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp With Lemon-Basil Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.8 mg
- Sodium 728.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 18.9 g