Recipe by gailanng
For ultimate flavor, I recommend making these from fresh shrimp. This lemony pesto is also good with chicken, fish or scallops.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus extra for gill
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 -8 wooden skewers, presoaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts with the basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and 6 tablespoons of the olive oil until combined. Add the parmesan cheese and pulse until smooth, scraping sides if necessary. Scrap the pesto into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp in the bowl with the pesto and toss to cover shrimp; set aside. Note: Don't marinate for more than 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan and brush with oil. Thread shrimp on each skewer. Grill shrimp over a medium-hot fire until opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the shrimp hot.