Recipe by jkoch960
This is a delicious appetizer courtesy of Bobby Flay. Posted for ZWT5 Spain
Top Review by MarraMamba
i totally forgot to review this, i had made it i thoght for zwt5 but then saw i hadn't and got lost lol. This was fantastic and using the ancho chili powder really made a difference. After years of not finding it, they now sell ancho and chipotle mccormicks. I love the traditional version but i think i prefer this one!
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of the oil, 2 tablespoons of the thyme, ancho chili powder and chopped garlic in a small bowl. Skewer the shrimp and brush with marinade.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of the oil in a small saucepan, add the sliced garlic and cook until the sliced garlic is lightly golden brown. Remove the garlic slices with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve the oil.
- Increase the heat of the grill to high.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill until golden brown on each side, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skewers, transfer to a platter and drizzle with some of the reserved garlic oil and the garlic chips. Sprinkle with the remaining thyme and garnish with oregano leaves.