Recipe by dicentra
This is from Everyday with RR. I haven’t tried it yet, but I am typing it up for ZWT II. 4 servings. 25 minutes
- 5 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a fine mesh strainer, toss the cucumbers with 1 teaspoon of the salt and drain over a bowl for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the vinegar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, the lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of the dill, the Tabasco sauce and the olive oil. Toss the shrimp in the seasoned oil and set aside.
- Squeeze the drained cucumbers to release extra water, then place in a dry bowl and toss with the sweetened vinegar. Mix in the yogurt and the remaining dill and refrigerate.
- Grill the shrimp until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve the shrimp warm or at room temperature with the cold cucumber salad.