Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From William-Sonoma, this Moroccan style dish is spicy and refreshing on a hot summer evening. The marinade is also good on fish.
- 24 large shrimp
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped (Italian, flat-leaf is best)
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tail fin intact. Place in large zipper bag.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl, whisking to blend. Pour 1/2 the marinade over the shrimp. Seal bag, and marinate, refrigerated, for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, discarding marinade, and thread on skewers. If planning to serve on the skewer, estimate 6 shrimp per serving. Using double skewers will make it easier to turn the shrimp. Grill or broil until done, turning once - approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with reserved marinade as a sauce.
great marinate was just what i was looking for thanks
TA DA!!! (NOW that I have your attention!, TRUE!)lol, This is THE BEST Shrimp/Prawn recipe I have EVER made at home too! SO quick, easy to do! WOW! Cannot believe is healthy for me too! THANKS!