Recipe by littlebitty girl
This dish is beautiful to look at, easily made ahead, and everyone will want your recipe! It can also be a good dish to serve with vegetarians in the group; they just leave off the shrimp and still have a delicious meal. This is also really good the next day.
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn, drained
- 3 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, tops only, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, amount to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make salsa: in a small bowl, combine honey and oil, whisk until cloudy and well blended. In large bowl, place remaining ingredients, pour oil mixture over vegetables. Toss to coat, store in refrigerator.
- Black Bean Cakes:Pour beans, crumbs, egg and cumin into a bowl, mix with mixer to mash some of the beans. Mixture should be able to form into patties. Season with salt and pepper. Form into patties, dredge thru flour, and fry until browned on each side. Set aside. Can be done ahead, and reheated before serving.
- Shrimp:Dredge shrimp through butter and grill: do not over cook.