Monica in PA's Note:
A delicious appetizer for a dinner party or special treat for family. The fresh basil is what gives this a wonderful aroma. The shrimp could be substituted for cubes of lamb, chicken, or tuna. I adapted this recipe from a recipe I read in the newspaper several years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and Old bay seasoning.
- 2Marinade shrimp in this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Wrap each shrimp with a basil leaf and then with a small piece of prosciutto.
- 4Skewer each shrimp and grill.
- 5A fast and elegant appetizer!
Browse Our Top Romantic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Romantic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp With Basil and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 112.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning