1/1 Photo of Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Chef Mommie's Note:
Yum Yum Yum...ZWT Mexico
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 limes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 48 inches corn tortillas
- 2 -3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- bottled green tomatillo salsa
- 1Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- 2Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.)
- 3In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic.
- 4Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
- 5Brush the skewered shrimp with the garlic butter. Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned.
- 6Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp. Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- 7To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a spritz of grilled lime.
- 8Rainy-Day Method: Broil the shrimp and limes about 4 inches from the heat using the cooking times above. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or wrap them in a napkin and microwave for 3 minutes.
- 9tip- To keep the shrimp from spinning when flipped, thread them on 2 parallel skewers instead of one.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.4
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 257.1 mg
- Sodium 1396.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: