Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yum Yum Yum...ZWT Mexico
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 limes, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 48 inches corn tortillas
- 2 -3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- bottled green tomatillo salsa
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic.
- Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
- Brush the skewered shrimp with the garlic butter. Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned.
- Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp. Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a spritz of grilled lime.
- Rainy-Day Method: Broil the shrimp and limes about 4 inches from the heat using the cooking times above. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or wrap them in a napkin and microwave for 3 minutes.
- tip- To keep the shrimp from spinning when flipped, thread them on 2 parallel skewers instead of one.
Wonderful shrimp tacos! The sour cream sauce was perfect with the tomatillo salsa and garlicky shrimp. Grilled the shrimp and limes on cast iron plates over charcoal. We loved everything about this recipe - thanks for sharing it!
These were great. Added a bit of coriander to the creme mixture - I added too much - so next time - just a dash. Cooked the shrimp in butter and garlic in a saute pan (rainy day...) and it was quick and easy. Husband really enjoyed these too. THANKS! Will make many times again.