- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 limes, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 48 inches corn tortillas
- 2 -3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- bottled green tomatillo salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic.
- Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
- Brush the skewered shrimp with the garlic butter. Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned.
- Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp. Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a spritz of grilled lime.
- Rainy-Day Method: Broil the shrimp and limes about 4 inches from the heat using the cooking times above. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or wrap them in a napkin and microwave for 3 minutes.
- tip- To keep the shrimp from spinning when flipped, thread them on 2 parallel skewers instead of one.