Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
An elegant and easy dish to make, that will have your tastebuds tingling. Serve this with chunks of fresh homemade bread.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice (or, Mexican seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, grated fine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Combine olive oil, seasoning, lime juice and shrimp in a heavy plastic bag, refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl, peel orange with a knife so very little of the white pith remain, slice into segments and cut into small quarters.
- Add orange pieces, red bell pepper, avocado and green onions to spinach.
- Add balsamic vinaigrette, toss and coat well.
- Prepare grill. Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Put spinach mixture onto plates, sprinkle each with orange zest and goat cheese.
- Top each with shrimp skewers. Drizzle with more vinaigrette if needed.
OMG! I have another favourite recipe! The marinade for the shrimp is very easy and delicious. The salad is terrific and would be good on its own as well. I used Balsamic Vinaigrette as I didn't have any premade. My shrimp (12) were very large and I needed to put them on separate skewers. The only change I made was to use about double the spinach. This was good for 3 of us for supper. Made for the Kitchen Witches for ZWT5. Thanks for a terrific recipe!