Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Inspired by Food Network's "Boy Meets Grill," Episode Where's The Duck?, this recipe was tweaked a bit and the serving size changed to be more appropriate for a light meal with friends.
- 24 large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil, plus extra for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Soak 4-inch wooden skewers in cold water for 1 hour.
- Thread shrimp onto each skewer so that the shrimp lie flat.
- Whisk together the soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice and peanut oil together in a small bowl.
- Place shrimp skewers onto a plate and drizzle with peanut oil to lightly coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Place shrimp on a platter, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds.