Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. One of my favorite street foods from Mexico is "elotes", which is corn on the cob with various toppings. I've lightened it up with Greek yogurt and paired it with grilled shrimp. Delicious!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 6 ears corn, with husks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, and Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix. Mix well and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat your grill to high heat. Grill the corn, about 10 minutes, until the husks are brown. Carefully remove the corn husks and silk. Cut the corn kernels from the cob and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, shallots, jalapenos, cotija cheese, Greek yogurt, and cayenne. Gently mix together. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Skewer the shrimp on metal or bamboo skewers. Grill for 1 minute per side, until cooked through. Serve the grilled shrimp skewers with the Mexican corn elotes salad. Enjoy!
Yummy,zesty and easy to prepare. My family loves this food combination.
The elotes salad was delicious! It was perfect with the grilled shrimp.