Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
Shrimp marinated in lemon, garlic, and parsley for 30 minutes, then grilled. Can be used as an appetizer or main dish. This recipe also works well with scallops.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dash ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Wow! I would have been happy paying for this dish at a restaurant! Used Colossal shrimp (12/lb), garlic paste and skipped the red pepper. Oh, my-my-my was this tasty! Even at $13/lb for the Colossals, I will be making this regularly. It was just too good!
Loved the recipe - simple & easy. I marinated the prawns for apprx 2 hours. Gave geat flavor. I used Jumbo sized prawns (8-12 to lb) used a large dash of chili peppers Tjhanks Phil Franmco for a tasty ecipe
Totally awesome!!! Will make again and again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!