Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This luscious recipe comes from Cuisine at Home, Issue 64. Very tasty! Beautiful presentation!
- 2 slices thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (not the bottled kind)
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails left one
- 4 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to high.
- Fry bacon for the vinaigrette in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour of all drippings, leaving bacon bits in the pan.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons oil, vinegar, sugar or sugar substitute, and lime juice.
- Off heat, season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Toss seafood with remaining oil, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Thread shrimp and scallops onto separate metal skewers(I don't know about wooden skewers ~ however, if you should use, soak in water before using).
- Grill scallops on bothe sides until cooked through 3-4 minutes per side.
- Grill shrimp until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove seafood from skewers and arrange on plates, then drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with yellow rice, fried ripe plantains, and a salad of red peppers and sliced tomatoes and a lovely wine.