This luscious recipe comes from Cuisine at Home, Issue 64. Very tasty! Beautiful presentation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (not the bottled kind)
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails left one
- 4 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat grill to high.
- 2Fry bacon for the vinaigrette in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Pour of all drippings, leaving bacon bits in the pan.
- 4Stir in 2 Tablespoons oil, vinegar, sugar or sugar substitute, and lime juice.
- 5Off heat, season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- 6Toss seafood with remaining oil, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a bowl.
- 7Thread shrimp and scallops onto separate metal skewers(I don't know about wooden skewers ~ however, if you should use, soak in water before using).
- 8Grill scallops on bothe sides until cooked through 3-4 minutes per side.
- 9Grill shrimp until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- 10Remove seafood from skewers and arrange on plates, then drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with cilantro.
- 11Serve with yellow rice, fried ripe plantains, and a salad of red peppers and sliced tomatoes and a lovely wine.
Browse Our Top Cuban Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp & Scallops With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.7
- Calories from Fat 602
- Total Fat 66.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 195.5 mg
- Sodium 1278.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 31.1 g