Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This luscious recipe comes from Cuisine at Home, Issue 64. Very tasty! Beautiful presentation!
Make and share this Grilled Shrimp & Scallops With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (not the bottled kind)
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails left one
- 4 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to high.
- Fry bacon for the vinaigrette in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour of all drippings, leaving bacon bits in the pan.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons oil, vinegar, sugar or sugar substitute, and lime juice.
- Off heat, season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Toss seafood with remaining oil, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Thread shrimp and scallops onto separate metal skewers(I don't know about wooden skewers ~ however, if you should use, soak in water before using).
- Grill scallops on bothe sides until cooked through 3-4 minutes per side.
- Grill shrimp until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove seafood from skewers and arrange on plates, then drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with yellow rice, fried ripe plantains, and a salad of red peppers and sliced tomatoes and a lovely wine.