Prep 46 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from Southern Living May 2011 -- Prepare the vinaigrette, and while it cools 20 minutes, grill the shrimp and peaches, then assemble the salad! (Prep time includes vinaigrette cooling time!)
- 1 cup pecans (toasted and coarsely chopped)
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large fresh peaches (cut into 8 wedges each)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
Sweet Tea Vinaigrette
- 1 cup sweetened tea
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Sweet Tea Vinaigrette Preparation:.
- Bring tea to a boil in a saucepan over medium-low heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 9 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes. Whisk in vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and salt. Whisk in canola oil in a slow, steady stream. Makes about 3/4 cup vinaigrette.
- While the vinaigrette cools, grill the shrimp and peaches!
- Salad preparation:.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil mixed with cayenne pepper. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Grill peach wedges 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- Toss salad greens with cooled Sweet Tea Vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with grilled shrimp, peaches, blue cheese, and pecans. Serve immediately.