Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Thought this would be a wonderful sandwich for summer meals especially when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped (or pimentos)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaf, chopped
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted and buttered
- mixed sprouts (garnish)
- Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes or use metal skewers.
- In a small bowl toss shrimp wth olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes while preparing grill.
- Thread shimp on skewers, crosswise.
- Cook over high heat on prepared oiled grill until cooked through (2-4 minutes per side). Let cool.
- In a bowl, toss shrimp with mayonnaise, celery, scallions, peppers and taragon.
- Fill hot dog rolls with shrimp mixture (1/2 cup per roll) and garnish with sprouts, if desired.
Good! I didn't want to start the charcoal grill for a few skewers so I pan fried them. Also used a dash of celery salt instead of celery. Very tasty and reminded me of the lobster rolls in Boston!
Ellie these are delicious! I omitted the tarragon as I did not have any and served them on homemade buns. Great recipe, I shall make again! thanks, Kitten:)