Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Hidden Valley's test kitchen.
- 1⁄4 cup kc Masterpiece Original barbecue sauce
- 1 green pepper, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, halved
- 1 tablespoon original ranch dressing mix (dry mix from packet)
- 1 -2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 16 shrimp, shelled and deveined (extra large size)
- 2 ears corn, with husks on
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- arugula leaf
- 4 (6 inch) French bread, rolls sliced but left attached (or baguettes)
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Marinate shrimp in half of the garlic oil mixture at room temperature for 30 minutes. Brush remaining oil on the bread.
- While shrimp is marinating, gently peel back corn husks, remove the silks and pull husks back over the corn. Place corn (with husk intact), pepper and onion on oiled grill. Grill pepper and onion for 6-8 minutes, corn for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until browned. Peel husk from corn, cut corn from cob and place in medium bowl. Chop peppers and celery and thinly slice the onion. Mix with corn. Combine remaining olive oil and dry dressing mix. Pour mixture over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place shrimp and open baguette on grill. Cook shrimp 3–4 minutes per side until cooked through, basting frequently with barbecue sauce. Grill bread until lightly browned.
- To assemble, line rolls with arugula and scoop relish onto bread. Top with four grilled shrimp and more relish.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce.