1/2 Photos of Grilled Shrimp Pizza
Having never made a pizza on the grill before, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. This is a really tasty pizza! The salsa verde (GREEN salsa) and queso fresco cheese are a MUST, in my opinion, to the success of this pizza.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pizza dough, of your choice (I used Pillsbury pizza dough)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about one pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons salsa verde (I typically use a bit more)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Combine cheeses; set aside.
- 2Thread 6 shrimp onto each of 3 wooden skewers.
- 3Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 4Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- 5Cool slightly, and coarsely chop.
- 6Place dough on rimless baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 7Brush dough with olive oil.
- 8Slide dough onto greased grill rack, using a spatula as a guide.
- 9Grill 3 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom; flip.
- 10Spread salsa over crust, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- 11Top with shrimp and cheese mixture.
- 12Grill and additional 3 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts.
- 13Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 660.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: