Having never made a pizza on the grill before, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. This is a really tasty pizza! The salsa verde (GREEN salsa) and queso fresco cheese are a MUST, in my opinion, to the success of this pizza.
- pizza dough, of your choice (I used Pillsbury pizza dough)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about one pound)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons salsa verde (I typically use a bit more)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine cheeses; set aside.
- Thread 6 shrimp onto each of 3 wooden skewers.
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Cool slightly, and coarsely chop.
- Place dough on rimless baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Brush dough with olive oil.
- Slide dough onto greased grill rack, using a spatula as a guide.
- Grill 3 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom; flip.
- Spread salsa over crust, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Top with shrimp and cheese mixture.
- Grill and additional 3 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.