Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes a great summer appetizer for 5. Very simple and quick to prepare. Use fresh sliced pineapple for your best results.
- 10 large shrimp, shelled and deveined,with tails intact
- 1 slice pineapple, thick,peeled and cubed
- olive oil, for brushing
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Thread 2 shrimp and 1 cube pineapple onto each of 5 skewers.
- Brush with oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning over a medium fire until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes.
Exciting recipe! Pizazz and sizzle! The pineapple adds zest and zing to the shrimp! Great for light summer fare!
Boring. This recipie needs some garlic or something to spice it up. My husband and I found the prawns to be quite tasteless when bbq with the pineapple.