Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an Outback Steakhouse copycat. MMMM
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 1 tablespoon scallion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 24 peeled deveined extra large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 slices dark whole wheat bread
- Heat an outdoor grill, stovetop grill pan or broiler. Have ready four 4-6 inch skewers.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Thread 6 shrimp close together on each skewer.
- Melt butter with garlic. Brush 1/2 the mixture on each bread slice.
- Brush 1 side of shrimp with 1/2 the remaining garlic butter, then sprinkle with 1/2 the Spice Rub.
- Grill or broil shrimp 3 minutes; turn and brush with remaining garlic butter; sprinkle with remaining spice rub.
- Grill shrimp and bread 3 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked and the bread is toasted.
- Slide the shrimp from each skewer onto a slice of garlic toast.
This was good but I don't think the sauce nor the shrimp tasted anything like Outback's:( I followed the recipe exactly. It's my favorite thing to order there so that's why I chose this shrimp recipe. It's good, just not the same as Outback.