Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect as an appetizer or as the main dish. You can try these with any marinade but this is my favorite! If you are using wood skewers make sure to soak them in water 30 minutes prior to cooking. Also if you do not like cilantro you can substitute flat leaf parsley instead.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 jalapeno (roasted and chopped, or for more heat use a serrano chile)
- 1 poblano pepper (roasted and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (a tiny handful)
- 3 mint leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I prefer Janes crazy mixed up salt)
- 1 lime
- 1 lb large shrimp (peeled)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and processs for 30 seconds or until completely blended but no more than one minutes.
- In a bowl add shrimp and marinade, stirring to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinade on the counter for 15 minutes but no more than 20 minutes as the vinegar can cause the shrimp to break down.
- After your grill is heated and clean skewer all of the shrimp leaving no spaces in between the shrimp.
- Grill on medium high heat for 3 minutes, turn the shrimp over and allow to cook another 2 minutes on the other side. Turn the heat to low and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque and white. Finally give the lime a good squeeze over the shrimp skewers right before taking them off of the grill.