Recipe by chia
it doesn't get much easier than this. you can serve this as an appetizer or a main course. courtesy of mark bittman.
Top Review by Botpol
This was ok but I've always had the shrimp with Lemon rather then lime. The lime is always just a garnish. The other things is the shrimp should be raw and cooked with the citrus juice. the sauce was alright but cooking the shrimp just ruins the dish.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced chili, to taste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- 3 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start a charcoal or gas grill.
- Heat should be medium-hot and the rack no more than 4 inches from the heat source.
- (You can use a broiler if you prefer.) If you like, peel and devein shrimp.
- Combine sugar, chili, lime juice and nam pla.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Lightly salt shrimp, then grill them about 2 minutes to a side.
- Divide nam prik among 4 bowls, and serve as a dip for shrimp.