1/1 Photo of Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Christine Bettiga's Note:
These are very easy to make and great as an appetizer or served with salad or a rice dish for a backyard BBQ! I like to add Essence or Creole Seasoning and Poblano or Jalapeno Pepper to the skewers to give them a little extra Zing!
My Private Note
Kabob S ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing (zesty or regular)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 dash dried cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb large cooked shrimp (tails on)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- Emeril's Original Essence or creole spices
- 1 large poblano peppers or 1 large jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1You can use tomato, onion or other vegetables also.
- 2Mix the marinade in a ziploc bag, add shrimp, shake to coat.
- 3Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 4Soak the skewers in salt water to soften so they will not burn.
- 5Cut up the vegetables into large enough pieces to place on skewers.
- 6Remove shrimp from bag.
- 7Place left over marinade into a bowl for brushing on kabobs as they grill.
- 8Alternate adding vegetables and shrimp to skewers.
- 9Place kabobs on cooking sheet.
- 10Sprinkle with Essence or a dash of cayenne pepper or creole spices to add zing.
- 11Place Kabobs on the grill away from fire (we use mesquite to add smokie flavor).
- 12Brush Shrimp and Vegies with leftover Marinade as they cook.
- 13Cook until vegies are tender, approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- 14Serve immediately!
- 15Great with salad or rice dishes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (1190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 536.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: