Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very easy to make and great as an appetizer or served with salad or a rice dish for a backyard BBQ! I like to add Essence or Creole Seasoning and Poblano or Jalapeno Pepper to the skewers to give them a little extra Zing!
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing (zesty or regular)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 dash dried cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb large cooked shrimp (tails on)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- Emeril's Original Essence or creole spices
- 1 large poblano peppers or 1 large jalapeno pepper (optional)
- You can use tomato, onion or other vegetables also.
- Mix the marinade in a ziploc bag, add shrimp, shake to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Soak the skewers in salt water to soften so they will not burn.
- Cut up the vegetables into large enough pieces to place on skewers.
- Remove shrimp from bag.
- Place left over marinade into a bowl for brushing on kabobs as they grill.
- Alternate adding vegetables and shrimp to skewers.
- Place kabobs on cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Essence or a dash of cayenne pepper or creole spices to add zing.
- Place Kabobs on the grill away from fire (we use mesquite to add smokie flavor).
- Brush Shrimp and Vegies with leftover Marinade as they cook.
- Cook until vegies are tender, approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately!
- Great with salad or rice dishes.
I made this tonight and served it over a big salad. My family loved it. My husband got called in to work shortly after dinner and he took the leftovers. He just called to say everyone he works with is coming over for dinner ha ha. It was hit at home and work.!!!!!
Made these with onions,red bell pepper,& green bell pepper.I made zuchini & yellow squash on the side.EXCELENT