Prep 1 hr 9 mins
Cook 15 mins
I thought this appetizer looked interesting and easy. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1982)
- 24 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- Make small verical slashes on the underside of the shrimp and straighten shrimp.
- Combine sherry and soy sauce in a large marinating dish or bowl and add shrimp. Marinate for at least one hour at room temperature or for 2-4 hours refrigerated.
- Prepare grill.
- Drain shrimp.
- Cut nori into small pieces with scissors and wrap tightly around each shrimp.
- Arrange shrimp on grill seam side down. Grill for 10-15 minutes or until seaweed is glazed.