Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Good old Chesapeake Bay Shrimp on the barbecue! Mouthwatering and oh so delish!
- 2 cups tomato ketchup
- 2 grated small lemons, zest of
- 2 small lemons, juice of
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish, more to taste
- 8 shakes Tabasco sauce, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, in the shell thawed completely if frozen and blotted dry (24 to 30)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and refrigerate if not using immediately.
- Oil grill surface before heating. Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Toss the shrimp with the oil and seasoning in a zip-lock bag and, using tongs, place on grill surface. Cook 6-8 minutes, turning half way through cooking. Shrimp are done when shells are bright pink and meat is opaque.
- Serve shrimp on newspapers spread across table and allow diners to peel and eat. Serve with cocktail sauce, melted butter and lots of napkins.