Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Olive Garden's Grilled Shrimp Caprese
Make and share this Grilled Shrimp Caprese (Olive Garden Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 20 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (26/30 or 21/25 )
- *Chef's Note on ingredients: To preserve juices and seeds, use a pairing knife to remove hust the top of the core on each tomato.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- COMBINE tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt in a large bowl and blend thoroughly. Cover, set aside and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- HEAT a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and let melt. Stir in white wine and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer. Let sauce reduce to desired consistency.
- ADD cooked, drained pasta and marinated tomatoes to skillet. Stir to thoroughly coat pasta with sauce.
- TRANSFER pasta and sauce to serving platter and top with mozzarella cheese.
- GRILL or SAUTE shrimp until internal temperature reaches 150°F and set aside.
- PLACE serving platter in broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- TOP pasta with cooked shrimp and serve.