Recipe by luvinlif2k
These are probably the healthiest burgers I've ever made ... and surprisingly simple and tasty! My inspiration was the Shrimp Boulette Po' Boy Burger from the Burger Meister cookbook but I made numerous changes to suit hubby's taste. I will definitely make these again to help use up extra burger buns.
Top Review by joopdaddy
Sounds like a great recipe, I can?t wait to try it! I make Shrimp Burgers with a similar recipe which include some lime zest. I pan fried them in a little garlic butter and served them on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato and avocado?..what a hit!!<br/><br/>The good news-bad news is that you have to prepare and eat them in short order. They are good cold and sort of OK when nuked. Best when hot and sizzling. <br/><br/>While cruising the net, I came across Chef Big Shake?s Original Shrimp Burgers from www.TheQuickShipWarehouse.com . They come frozen and have a year shelf life. Pretty easy to prepare and quite good which makes it nice when the spirit moves you. <br/><br/>After cooking, we squeeze a little fresh lime on them and add the avocado. Voilà!
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop shrimp finely using a food processor (I used my Pampered Chef food chopper) or grind with a meat grinder using a coarse grinding plate.
- Gently but thoroughly mix shrimp with remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- NOTE: I eliminated the salt due to the use of celery salt.
- Gently form mixture into six to eight 3/4-inch-thick burgers.
- Cover the burgers and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until needed.
- Grill burgers 5 to 6 minutes on each side, basting with approximately 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce per burger while grilling.
- Serve with whatever you like to dress your shrimp with.
- We used a homemade tartar sauce but I would also consider cocktail sauce or barbecue sauce as well as lettuce and tomato.