These are probably the healthiest burgers I've ever made ... and surprisingly simple and tasty! My inspiration was the Shrimp Boulette Po' Boy Burger from the Burger Meister cookbook but I made numerous changes to suit hubby's taste. I will definitely make these again to help use up extra burger buns.
- Chop shrimp finely using a food processor (I used my Pampered Chef food chopper) or grind with a meat grinder using a coarse grinding plate.
- Gently but thoroughly mix shrimp with remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- NOTE: I eliminated the salt due to the use of celery salt.
- Gently form mixture into six to eight 3/4-inch-thick burgers.
- Cover the burgers and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until needed.
- Grill burgers 5 to 6 minutes on each side, basting with approximately 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce per burger while grilling.
- Serve with whatever you like to dress your shrimp with.
- We used a homemade tartar sauce but I would also consider cocktail sauce or barbecue sauce as well as lettuce and tomato.