Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just found this in my new Food Network Magazine and it looks so good. We love shrimp, rice noodles and salads and putting them all together has got to be a winning combo. Just a reminder to be careful, Sriracha (which can be found in Asian markets) can be hot so unless you like that, it might be wise to start with less, maybe even 1/2 tsp and taste test before adding more. After making this as a light dinner on a hot garden working day I think I'd add some grated ginger to it for a little bite next time.
- 396.89 g rice noodles, flat
- 118.29 ml lime juice, fresh is best
- 78.07 ml fish sauce
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, finaly chopped
- 4.92 ml sriracha sauce, up to 2 if you prefer hot
- 453.59 g shrimp, medium to large, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (medium size)
- 141.74 g shiitake mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 118.29 ml cilantro
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook as label directs; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic and Sriracha souce and 1/3 cup of water in medium bowl.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of marinade to another bowl and toss with shrimp.
- Toss another 1/4 cup marinade with the asparagus and mushrooms in a third bowl.
- Let shrimp and vegetables marinate 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Toss noodles with the remaining marinade.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Grill shrimp, asparagus and mushrooms until shrimp is just cooked through and the asparagus is slightly tender, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Half the mushrooms and cut asparagus into pieces.
- Divide the noodles among bowls and top with shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms carrot and cilantro.
This was quite refreshing. I did follow the recipe except for adding some sliced green onions. On top I did sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds. I think next time I might cut the fish sauce and sugar down a little. Made for Zaar New Kids on the Block tag game 2010.