Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple.
Make and share this Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 24 medium shrimp, shells on, deveined
- 2 lemons, cut into small wedges
- 3 yellow squash or 3 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Heat a broiler on high.
- Place the shrimp and lemon wedges on 8 skewers, alternating them. Halve the squash or zucchini lengthwise, then cut them into 1-inch-thick slices. Divide the squash among the remaining 8 skewers. (If you don't have skewers, place the individual ingredients on a baking sheet.) Place the skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush the kebabs with the oil and season with the salt.
- Broil, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer the shrimp-and-lemon skewers to a platter.
- Continue to broil the squash until tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Serve the shrimp and squash with the basil, torn into pieces if desired.