1/1 Photo of Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers
This is a Rachael Ray 30 Minute Meals recipe that has been a staple of mine for a year or so. Includes a recipe for piquillo gazpacho to serve on the side. (Note: I have always used soft chorizo in place of the cured and "grilled" it on a stovetop grill pan and it turns out fine, though be sure to really compact it so they don't fall off)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 peeled and deveined extra-large shrimp
- coarse salt
- 1/2 lemon, juice of (and use the whole lemon, zested)
- olive oil, for liberal drizzling
- 3/4 lb chorizo sausage, cut into 16 thick slices on an angle
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, cracked from skin
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, drained (piquillo)
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, seedless, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, from heart chopped
- 2 slices crusty bread, thick slices, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1Preheat grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- 2Place shrimp in shallow dish and season with salt, lemon juice and a liberal drizzle of olive oil, just enough to coat the shrimp. Skewer 4 shrimp alternating with 4 slices of chorizo on each skewer.
- 3Place palmful of parsley on cutting board with the lemon zest. Add 1/2 palmful of cilantro leaves to the pile as well as 1 clove of garlic. Finely chop mixture and reserve for sprinkling over shrimp and gazpacho.
- 4Place remaining herbs and garlic in a food processor or large blender with peppers, tomatoes, chopped vegetables, bread and hot sauce and proceed until smooth.
- 5Grill shrimp and chorizo 3-4 minutes on each side until shrimp is firm and opaque. Serve small bowls of gazpacho with shrimp skewers resting across the top of bowls for dipping and dunking.
- 6Garnish with reserved parsley, cilantro and garlic mixture.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 216.1 mg
- Sodium 2729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 42.3 g