Recipe by yogiclarebear
From Martha Stewart Living, July 2009.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Very flavorful dish! Loved the idea of the Spanish chorizo in between the shrimp to let the spices flavor the shrimp. We cooked this on our indoor grill which we plugged in outdoors -- it beats having to wait for coals to heat up. Made for the Spain - Shrimp tag, September, 2011.
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact (about 2 lbs)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage, links cut on the bias into sixteen 1 inch pieces
- 2 Hass avocadoes, halved, pitted, peeled, wedged
- coarse salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water to prepare them for the grill.
- Toss shrimp, garlic, oil, and lime juice in a large baking dish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread 3 shrimp and 2 slices of chorizo onto each skewer, alternating pieces. Season with salt.
- Grill until shrimp are opaque and chorizo is slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange avocados on a platter. Squeeze lime wedges over avocados and season with salt and pepper. Serve with shrimp and chorizo skewers.