1/2 Photos of Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo on Skewers
From Martha Stewart Living, July 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact (about 2 lbs)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage, links cut on the bias into sixteen 1 inch pieces
- 2 Hass avocadoes, halved, pitted, peeled, wedged
- coarse salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Soak 8 wooden skewers in water to prepare them for the grill.
- 2Toss shrimp, garlic, oil, and lime juice in a large baking dish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread 3 shrimp and 2 slices of chorizo onto each skewer, alternating pieces. Season with salt.
- 4Grill until shrimp are opaque and chorizo is slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5Arrange avocados on a platter. Squeeze lime wedges over avocados and season with salt and pepper. Serve with shrimp and chorizo skewers.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo on Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.6
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 261.6 mg
- Sodium 1658.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 38.1 g