Recipe by Tee Lee
Shrimp and asparagus are grilled in a packet with a lemony dill butter, then served over pasta or rice. Great to make up packets before going camping to have a fancy meal in the woods. From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 lb medium shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced (roots and tough, dark green leaves removed)
- 3 cups cooked pasta or 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Thaw shrimp (if frozen), peel and devein shrmp, removing tails if desired.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels, set aside.
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus.
- Cut asparagus diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, dill, wine, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Fold a 36x18-inch piece of heavy duty foil in half to make an 18-inch square.
- Place shrimp, asparagus, and leek in center of foil and top with dill butter mixture.
- Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose shrimp mixture, leaving space for steam to build.
- Grill covered over medium heat 15 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning packet once.
- Serve over pasta or rice, drizzle with juices from foil packet.