Prep 3 hrs 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Prep time includes marinating time.
Make and share this Grilled Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a shallow dish; mix well.
- Add shrimp, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate shrimp 2-3 hours in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place shrimp on skewers; grill over medium-hot coals 3-4 minutes on each side, basting frequently with marinade.
This was our lunch today. This was sooooo good. The combination of flavors in the marinade was excellent. Big thumbs up from my family.
I'm not one of those who gives their Barbeque to The Salvation Army the day after the Labor Day weekend. So what better way to celebrate a dank and drizzly Winter Solstice than to light off the grill. This Grilled Shrimp was nominated.(It had a short cooking time.I like to grill but there is no sense standing in the rain any longer than necessary.)I used 16-18 count. I find them to be more flavorful than the really large shrimp. I placed all of the marinade in a large Zip-lock bag and shook it to mix. I added the shrimp and carefully turned the bag over several times. (I didn't want to damage these beauties.) I put the bag in the fridge and set the timer for 30 minutes. Every half hour I would gently turn the bag over several times. My lunch guest begged of at the last minute. I decided to save the shrimp cooked and cold rather than take a chance on keeping them raw. They were WONDERFUL, hot for lunch. I over ate. The leftovers I bagged and stowed in the fridge. I had them for dinner cold and they were as good cold as the were hot. This one is most definitely on the list to be repeated often. Thanx
I made this recipe for company last night and it was awesome!! Used balsamic vinegar and the flavour was great! Plan to make it again next weekend.