Recipe by ellie_
These use the type of short ribs that are cut between the bones, rather than the more common type of short ribs that are cut across the bones. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 2007)
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
We chose this recipe as our signature dish for our food cart on Tradition with a Twist of Innovation ZWT#9. Unfortunately the lettuce froze in our overambitious recently repaired fridge so we just served the ribs on the sticky rice. The ribs marinated for nearly 24 hours and we boiled the leftover marinade down to serve over the top. Double D-D-Delicious ! Thanks ellie_ for the keeper recipe ! Made for Tasty Testers. :)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 beef short ribs (1/2 inch x 1/2 flanken style short ribs)
- lettuce leaf
- sticky rice
- red miso
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together marinade ingredients (soy sauce - oil) in a 15 x 10 inch pan and add ribs to marindade, turning to coat and let marinade for 30 minutes to 2 hours at room temperature.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Brush grill with oil.
- Grill ribs until cooked through (5 minutes per side).
- Remove meat from bones.
- Wrap meat in lettuce leavs with a small amount of miso and sticky rice.