Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Wine Bar Food
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, toasted and crushed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, sliced crosswise /2 in thick
- Combine vinegar, soy, honey, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, coriander, orange and lemon zests, salt and pepper.
- Add ribs, turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnights.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Drain ribs and discard marinade.
- Grill ribs until slightly charred and crispy, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and transfer to cutting board.
- Chop each rib into 3 or 4 peices.
- Transfer to platter and sprinkle with seasame seeds and chopped cilantro.